Teatime Spread



So right about this time each day, I make myself a nice cup of tea and have a little teatime treat like the sandwiches above made with Teatime Spread, a delicious combination of cream cheese, green olives, and pimentos.

Yeah, right!

I wish!

I'm much more likely to be grabbing a quick lunch like this:



Teatime spread and my favorite new snack, Trader Joe's Savory Thin Mini Crackers that come in a bag like this for $1.69:


WARNING: These crackers are addictive. Try them at your own risk.

These little rice crackers don't look that interesting, but everyone I've met likes them. I was introduced to them by a fellow mom (she likes them with Spanish Manchego cheese) and yesterday we both took a full bag each on our Zoo field trip (with 20 kindergarteners and parents) and all the parents and kids loved them.

I have to admit, I like them with butter. They're good plain too.

I discovered Teatime Spread at a local independent grocery, where they made it a couple of times and then cut off my supply. Happily, they told me how to make it and it couldn't be easier. In fact, it was the first recipe in which I used green olives stuffed with pimentos.

Yummy on toasted bagels or add zip to your favorite sandwich. And it really is perfect for making quick teatime sandwiches!

Teatime Spread:
12 Green Spanish olives, stuffed with Pimentos
4 oz cream cheese

Place the olives in a mini food prep and process until olives are in little chunks. Add the cream cheese and process until well combined.

Comments