Pear & Gorgonzola Pizza


I've seen a number of tasty looking Pear & Blue Cheese pizzas out there recently , so when I saw some fabulous looking D'Anjou pears, I immediately envisioned a pizza like this:



Thinly sliced pear and lots of Gorgonzola, topped with walnuts!

This pizza was heavenly and we enjoyed it alfresco with a nice glass of Chianti. It was just the right level of richness: fabulous taste, but not overwhelming. A truly satisfying pizza, I managed to stop myself at three slices!

I used Trader Joe's plain pizza dough and covered the dough with a light round of shredded mozzarella. I sliced the pear, squeezed a little lemon juice over it, then arranged it on the pizza. I grated the Gorgonzola directly over the pears, tossed a few walnut pieces on top, and brushed the rim of the dough with olive oil. Ten minutes on the pizza stone at 450 and we were ready to eat!

Comments