Cool Mediterranean Chickpea Salad



As the temperature rises, this Mediterranean chickpea salad will keep you cool and satisfied- no cooking required!

What makes this chickpea salad a stand-out? The super-light dressing of light sour cream, lemon juice, and cumin. There's nothing heavy about the dressing - I almost hesitate to call it dressing. It adds cool flavor, without adding any richness, and tastes fantastic!

This recipe is listed in my recipe book as Joanna's Chickpea Salad. I enjoyed a similar salad at a party at Joanna's and it was so delicious, I asked for the recipe. She gave me the list of ingredients, without measurements, and told me it was her reproduction of a deli salad she had enjoyed.


Cool Mediterranean Chickpea Salad:
1/2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
1 tbsp light sour cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin
salt & pepper

Gently combine all ingredients. Serve!

We enjoyed this with baguette, and



Stay cool!

Comments