Taco Salad

IMG_7499
Irresistible taco salad with refried beans, grated sharp cheddar, homemade salsa, guacamole, and sour cream!

I love this messy combo, usually found in vat-sized containers at parties. "Walk away" I have to tell myself, realizing the vat is half empty, thanks mostly to me. So, in this twist on favorite Mexican ingredients, I made (fairly) modest individual taco salad in my manicotti ramekins.

I used refried pinto beans and spread a generous layer at the bottom of the ramekins and topped them with grated sharp cheddar cheese. Popped them in the micro for 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and they're bubbling. Be sure to put a paper towel over the top - I didn't and some of the beans exploded=messy.
IMG_7491

I made fresh salsa with some organic red and yellow tomatoes, fresh jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro, which went on top of the cooked cheesy beans.
IMG_7484

Finally, a layer of guacamole and light sour cream. Serve with shavings of lettuce and your favorite tortilla chips!

Comments