Mushroom & Basil Pizza



This palatable pizza, topped with garlicy mushrooms, truffle cheese, onions, and basil has the thinnest spread of pizza sauce on a boboli thin crust.

Next came a layer of shredded mozzarella. I sauted the onion for about five minutes in olive oil then added a teaspoon of vermouth to the pan to add a caramalized flavor. I then added the sliced mushrooms to the skillet, with a teaspoon of butter and a minced garlic clove. While they cooked for a few minutes (until the mushrooms release their juices), I chopped about ten basil leaves (fresh from the garden) and mixed them with olive oil and salt. I added this to the mushrooms and cooked for about one minute longer. I spread the mushrooms over the mozzarella, sprinkled a few pine nuts, and topped the pizza with shavings of Cacio di Bosco al Tartufo, an Italian pecorino cheese with white truffles.

The result was a delicate tasting, juicy pizza. I loved the truffle pecorino flavor. This cheese would be awesome shaved on top of a salad or pasta (must get more).

Note: You can now click on the photo for a larger version.

Comments