Vegetable & Tofu Steamed Dumplings


These steamed dumplings, filled with tofu and veggies, were phenomenal! Filled with a mixture of cabbage, carrots, cilantro, tofu, red pepper, ginger and onion with sesame oil and hoisin, they were packed full of healthy flavor while being fabulous tender mouthfuls. I ate them simply, dipped in soy sauce.

I sort of followed this Alton Brown recipe on the Food Network, but as this was lunch for one, I significantly decreased quantities (I made 10 dumplings and ate them all!) I'm easily intimidated by fiddly recipes, so sealing the dumplings was a challenge. Mine were understuffed, although I didn't realize this until after I steamed them. Still, had I realized how easy and quick they were to prepare, I'd have made these a long time ago. I was pleasantly surprised at how close they were to dumplings I've eaten in restaurants.

Comments