Christmas Cake finished . . .



Remember the Christmas Cake is a special cake for unique festive season and  just my decorated and finished Christmas Cake. Whew! I thought I was never ever going to get around to doing it.



Oh, I had big plans . . . fancy cutouts, cutsie little shaped people, a manger, some angels and maybe some sheep. Todd wanted me to just leave it plain . . .



I'm not a plain kind of gal . . . in the end, however, I settled for simple. Mostly because I ran out of that thing none of us has in abundance at this time of year . . . time.



First, I filled in any holes left on the top of the cake from bits of fruit etc. with some spare golden marzipan. I then brushed the cake all over with some heated apricot jam, which I had strained through a strainer. Once it felt tacky, I applied a layer of golden marzipan all over, which I had rolled out flat to fit. A round circle for the top, and a length of marzipan the height of the cake and as long again as it's circumferance to place around the sides..



Ideally this should have sat for several days to dry, but I ran out of time . . . being the procrastinator that I am and all that.

I then coated it with a fluffy fondant icing and sprinkled the top with some blue and white snowflake candy decorations I had and some of these beautifully large silver dragees that I got at Marks and Spencers.





I finished it off with a dusting of edible glitter and a pretty blue bow.



I think it will do . . . how about you?

Next year I'm going to start it a lot earlier. That's a promise. But don't hold me to it, ok?

Comments