Coffee Cake

This is my favorite coffee cake recipe which I asked for politely and received from my daughter Alison. Then I went and tweaked it a bit:)  I made it often for our staff and found it disappearing real quick when coffee break rolled along. I miss those days..maybe I should find another coffee room to supply with baked treats!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Topping:
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
  1. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and mix well.
  2. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla.
  3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stir into the creamed mixture until blended.
  4. Pour half the batter in a greased bundt or angel food pan. Sprinkle with half the topping.
  5. Spoon the rest of the batter over the topping and sprinkle with the rest of the topping.
  6. Bake at 350º for 45 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick poked into cake comes out clean.

Comments