This recipe for cream cheese taco dip comes from my daughter Brenda..not that she gave me specific amounts..those I had to figure out myself but it wasn't that hard once I knew what the layers were supposed to be. I don't really like tomatoes in the raw but discovered I really like them in this recipe. This is one of those snacks you can hardly stop eating once you start.
Ingredients for the layers:
Ingredients for the layers:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco powder
- 1/2 cup salsa, mild, medium or hot..I used medium
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes..1 medium to large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tex mex cheese, shredded..or your favorite blend
- Whip together cream cheese, sour cream, and taco powder until smooth.
- Using a spoon, smooth evenly over the bottom of a 9" pie pan.
- Next spoon on a layer of salsa.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, and peppers on top of the salsa.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best served the same day but will keep for an extra day.
- *Extras..you may add a layer of refried beans and add diced jalepenos. I would then layer refried beans over the cream cheese mixture and add the jalepenos to the tomato and green pepper layer.
- Serve with multigrain or roasted garlic and black bean tortilla chips.

Comments
Post a Comment