Freezing Tomatoes

It's tomato season...I've had a wonderful harvest and am thrilled with the results, the only thing is that I cannot keep up with them.  Now that we have had our first rain, I heard that we should quickly pick all our tomatoes as to save them from getting blight. 
I was chatting to Lovella about my abundance in fruit and she asked me what I did with them all?
I said, "You just wash them, throw them in a bag and freeze them."  What?  She did not believe me.  I said, "I've been doing that for years, and then in the middle of winter when I have time I use the frozen tomatoes to make my fresh chilli, salsa, soup, or spaghetti sauce."
"You need to post that." says Lovella.  That's a great idea.
It's funny how sometimes the simple techniques that we use, need to still be shared with our wonderful readers.


Instructions
  • Pick your extra tomatoes or go purchase a batch of fresh ones
  • Wash them
  • Package them in a plastic bag
  • Throw them into the freezer
Now let the busy months of the year pass by and by January you will begin to remember those frozen tomatoes in your freezer.
  • Take them out
  • Do not thaw them as they are difficult to cut.
  • Throw them into a sterile sink with hot water.
  • The peels will peel off very easily.
  • Cut them into the desired size.
  • Make your favorite salsa, spaghetti, soup or chilli sauce.
 ~~~~~~~~~~

Another kitchen gadget....

I entered Elsie's kitchen, (SIL)  and saw these fresh peaches sitting on her counter. Then my eyes turned towards this peculiar kitchen gadget.
"What's this I asked?"
She said, "You don't have this in your kitchen?"
"Take one home right now...I have two of these."
While making my salsa today...my daughter not only enjoyed this gadget, but noticed how it poured so simply into the jars. No more dripping syrup on my jars and towels.
Are you still looking for a good Salsa recipe?
 
 This kitchen gadget is inserted inside your jar.  I promise you..."No More Mess!  And No More Burns!"


Sometimes it's the simple things in life that keeps life running smoothly. I have not ventured out to see where these could be purchased...But I know you will all want one...Let's see who knows what they are, or what they are called or better yet, who has one of these?

Comments