Peanut Butter Pie


Yes please I'll take 2! Sometimes I forget how good pudding is. And sometimes I want to ask for seconds and thirds when it comes to dessert.  And sometimes I am grateful for stretchy waistbands after I eat seconds and thirds of dessert.


Ingredients:
1 or 2 pie graham cracker pie crusts* (see note below)
1 cup Chocolate Pudding Mix
1 cup  Vanilla Pudding Mix
4 cups prepared  Milk Substitute, divided
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup  Powdered Peanut Butter
2 1/2 Tbs. Water
1 8oz container Frozen Whipped Topping, thawed
Garnish Options: Chocolate Syrup, peanut butter candies, chopped peanut butter cups

Directions:
In a medium bowl combine Chocolate Pudding with 2 cups cold prepared Milk Substitute.  Whisk until smooth (pudding will be thick).  Spread mixture over pie crust.

This is only 1/2 of the chocolate mixture because I made 1 pie and 5 pudding parfaits for the kids.  Don't mind the blop of peanut butter pudding layer.  Obviously I got going on the recipe and had to back track for a picture!
In a separate bowl, gradually add the remaining 2 cups of cold, prepared Milk Substitute with the softened Cream Cheese and mix with mixer until well blended.  This is important to do gradually otherwise you can get cream cheese lumps and it won't be smooth.  Yes, I speak from experience.  Stir in the Vanilla Pudding mix.  Add the Peanut Butter Powder and Water.  Stir until smooth and well combined.  Spread over chocolate layer.

Again this is only 1/2 the peanut butter pudding.
Spread Whipped Topping over peanut butter layer and refrigerate 3 hours.

One last time, this is only 1/2 the whipped topping mixture.
When ready to serve, you can drizzle some chocolate sauce over the top and decorate with peanut butter candies.  I decided to use Reese's Pieces candies because of their festive Halloween colors...and because I ate all the peanut butter cups earlier in the week.


*Now you can either make it into 2 pies or 1 super heaping pie or what I did was make one pie and then about 5 pudding parfaits to serve to the kiddos.

This is easy enough you could get the kids to help prepare this dish.  I invited my sisters and kids over during the week for lunch and a play date.  We ate this for dessert.  Both the adults and kids really liked it!  I had a couple of slices left over and my non-sweets-liking husband thought it was pretty good.  So good that he didn't want to share the leftovers with anyone. One day I will convert him to all things dessert (or maybe it's best if he doesn't like them because then it leaves more for me...I'll have to think this plan through some more...)!

What fun food traditions do you have to celebrate Halloween or Fall?

Happy Eating!

Comments