Schoene Kuchen/ Butter Cookies with Damson Plum Jam

I must say that these cookies of all of my mom's cookies are still my personal favorite. A soft buttery cookie filled with her homemade Damson Plum Jam. This summer I asked my mom to teach me how to make the jam just so these cookies would always be in the family. There is nothing out of the ordinary special about them, just simple and good that comes with good memories of my mom making them. Perhaps it is all the love that goes into her cookies that makes Christmas special for us.
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  1. Cream the butter and sugar together really well for a couple of minutes until it is light and fluffy in color.
  2. Add eggs in one at a time and beat well.
  3. Sift together the flour and baking powder, gently stirring that in to the butter mixture.
  4. Chill over night. Dough is very soft to work with it needs to be in the fridge overnight or several hours.
  5. Form into little 1 inch balls and make a dent using you finger.
  6. Fill with Damson Plum Jam or your personal favorite.
  7. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
  8. Let cool on cookie sheet for a minute before you remove it to the cooling rack.

Comments