Snickers Brownies


A few months ago I was at my local grocery store, and noticed that multi packs of Snickers bars were on sale.  I bought some.  Not because I was craving one, but purely because they were a good deal. I'm a sucker that way.  I know - BAD!  

It's rare that I actually decide to munch on a candy bar, so it wasn't surprising that the pack of Snickers sat on my baking shelf forgotten and unopened for weeks.  It wasn't until I started tiding up that I found them, and figured I should bake something in order to use them up.   Alongside the pack of snickers, I found a box of brownie mix from a previous trip to the States. I figured I might as well use that up as well.  So, a bag of Snickers + a box of brownie mix = Snickers bar brownies!  Why the heck not!?


I'm going to be honest - I wasn't sure I was actually even going to like these brownies.  Why?  Because when it comes to baked goods, there's two things I hate - nuts and raisins.  Don't get me wrong - I love nuts (and sometimes raisins), but there's just some things that don't need any added extras.  Like brownies and cookies.  Ok, I take that back - added chocolate is definitely allowed!  But yeah, nuts and raisins - those are a no no in my books.  

Haha - I found this on Pinterest

Anyways, I figured that since I like Snickers bars, and since the peanuts were accompanied by a good portion of chocolate, my brownies would probably turn out just fine.  And they did.  I really liked them.  And I think you'll like them too.



Snickers Brownies

Ingredients:

8 Snickers bars, full sized
1 Box of Brownie mix, plus required ingredients (or your favourite brownie recipe)
Caramel or Toffee dessert sauce

Instructions:

These are super simple to make.  Start off by making the brownie batter according to the directions on the box (or your recipe).  Pour half of it in an 8x8 square baking pan that has been greased or lined with foil, and then place the Snickers bars on top of the brownie batter so they're spaced evenly apart.  You may need to cut a few of them in half so they all fit.  Next, pour a generous dose of caramel/toffee topping over the Snickers bars, before pouring the other half of the brownie batter on top. 


Bake according to the instructions on the box or your recipe.  I prefer my brownies to be extra gooey, so I usually take them out about 5-10 minutes early.


Ta-da!  A simple twist on the regular chocolate brownie!

Comments