London Cake International Show

On Saturday I went to the Cake International Cake and Decorating show in London.   I had always wanted to attend the Cake International show, but until this year it had only ever been on up in Birmingham so I never got a chance to go.  I went down purely as a shopper & decorating enthusiast - not as a blogger.  I was not equipped with my camera, and I never intended to write this post.  It wasn't until I was "tweeting to the outside from the inside" that I decided a recap of the show might be in order. 

The show was absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad I went.  If you're a fan of cake decorating in any form there was something here for you.  I cannot believe how crazy busy it got in the afternoon, so my advice to anyone going today or to the one up in Birmingham in November is get there EARLY.  I don't mean camp outside over night early, but just get there when the doors open early.  The crowds were manageable first thing in the morning, but by noon they were almost unbearable.  I got to the show at 9:30 when the doors opened and left at 1:45 and I still didn't see everything. There was demonstrations, mini workshops, cake decorators signing their books, live competitions, and then there were the sales stalls..... oh the sales stalls!  

If you've ever wanted a specific shade of lustre dust or holographic glitter this was your place.  I  ended up taking a zillion pictures on my iPhone (sorry for the poor quality!), so I'll post them here and let them speak for themselves.  


 Cute little cupcake cases

 How do you decide on a glitter or dust??

Can I tempt you with some sprinkles? 

Cake balls made super easy! Make up to 28 at a time!

Mini wedding cakes inside push pop containers - too cute!


Gorgeous Cake by Zoe Clark 

 Look at that piping!


There were some absolutely AMAZING contest cakes. ** I must apologise for the influx of "man themed" cakes - I was sending pictures of them to my husband who was at home watching our son Jayden.



This one was made of chocolate!! 


The detail on this cake was incredible.  No wonder it won 1st place in its category.

This Samurai cake was massive! 

Nintendo anyone? 

Strangely, this Gremlins cake was probably one of my favourite out of all the cakes at the event. The attention to detail was absolutely amazing.  From glass like eyes, to Gizmo's finger nails and even the torn edge of the paper note - complete with "water spill". This cake definitely deserved it's Gold award.





And finally after over 4 hours of hard core cake decoration shopping, I came away a very happy camper!


Did you go to the show?  If so, what did you think about it, and what did you buy???



Comments