May Foodie Penpal Reveal

This was my second month as a Foodie Penpal, and I received a great little box of goodies from Fiona of the blog Fee Hates Rain.  I told Fiona how I liked snacky type stuff as well unique things or ingredients that I don't come across in my regular mainstream supermarket.  Fiona did a great job selecting some unique products - none of which I've ever tried or seen before.  


Along with a pretty note card, Fiona sent me some Lap Snacks - these are roasted broad beans coated in a spicy batter, and they are delicious!  They've got just a hint of spice in them without being too hot,  They're great to snack on at my desk - nice and crunchy!

Also included was some Scrummee brand Yorkshire Rhubarb, Lemongrass and Ginger dessert sauce.  I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds absolutely amazing.  I can't wait to try it - either in a recipe or on top of some vanilla ice cream.  

Fee also sent a really unique bar of chocolate - Madecasse Pink Pepper and Citrus Chocolate.  The label says it's 63% cocoa with pink pepper and combava fruit.  I've never heard of combava fruit before!  I haven't tried this yet.  It's so unique I don't know what to expect, but I love the fact that she managed to incorporate Pink into it! 

Last but not least, she sent a fancy little packet of Peri-peri chicken spice that I cannot wait to try!  My husband and I both love peri-peri chicken, and I'm saving this for a special meal when we can both sit down together and enjoy it - something we rarely get to do!

A huge thank you again to Fiona for sending me such a great package that was so thoughtfully put together!  

As for myself, my Foodie Penpal was Sarah from the Blog North West Nosh.  Sarah told me that she ate a lot of Eastern foods, and was really into spices like cardamon and cinnamon, as well as rose flavours, and also like snacky stuff too.

Sarah's package suggestions gave me the perfect opportunity to explore the new Asian market that recently opened up near my office.  It was filled with so many neat products I hadn't seen before and many that I'd used before, but needed to make a special trip to another store far away to find.


I bought Sarah some Moroccan spiced couscous, rose flavoured Turkish delight, several different types of nougat and 4 different flavours of sesame snaps.  

Waitrose had recently sent me a package filled with a selection of their Jubilee goodies, but I decided to pass some of them along to my Foodie Penpal this month as an extra little bonus because it was so near to the Diamond Jubilee.  I had been sent so much Jubilee product that there was no way I could ever use it all. Hopefully Sarah can have fun with it this weekend.  The Waitrose Jubilee items were: cupcake cases and toppers, 4 different tubes of festive icing and some street party Royal Trivia cards.

If you're new here and haven't heard of Foodie Penpals you can check out my first Foodie Penpals post here.


If you'd like to become a Foodie Penpal you can find more information and sign up through the Rock Salt Blog here if you're in the UK & Europe, or through the Lean Green Bean Blog here is your in the US & Canada.

Comments