Toffee Drops


Years ago my friend Debbi, who also happened to be my son's teacher at the time, shared this recipe with me. Our family loves these and it's made every Christmas by at least one of us.
It is a super simple easy recipe and can be put together quickly. What takes the longest is unwrapping the toffee pieces! This toffee used to come in a bar but I can't find those anymore.

You will need:
  • 2 cups of Special K cereal..you can use rice krispies.
  • 16 pieces of toffee..I use Mackintosh's toffee.
  • 2 tablespoons whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter
What you need to do:
  1. Chop toffee pieces, add to cream and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
  2. Melt in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds just until mixture is smooth. 
  3. Stir into special k cereal and mix well.
  4. Drop by spoonfuls on a parchment lined pan. You have to work quickly before the mixture hardens.
  5. Let cool and store in a covered container in a cool place. Who am I kidding, I doubt they will make it that far!
  6. Yields: 1 dozen

Comments