Ranch Salad Dressing

Here in the valley the weather has been so lovely. My chives are standing at least 8"tall...lush green and so fresh tasting. Dill and parsley will be added to my little herb garden. During the winter months I'm thankful I can buy fresh dill and parsley to add to my home made ranch dressing. If you don't have room in your yard don't let that stop you from planting herbs. This is the perfect time of year to find a good size container, fill with soil and plant some herbs. You'll enjoy their fresh addition to many dishes.
Ranch dressing is our grand children's favourite and this recipe is nice served over a spinach or green salad or used as a fresh vegetable dip.

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • dash hot sauce
  • 1 tsp finely minced chives
  • 1/2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped fine
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
Method:
  1. Measure all ingredients into the blender container. 
  2. Blend well for one minute.
  3. Pour into a jar with a lid. Store in refrigerator. 
This is a small recipe and can easily be doubled. I date my fresh dressings and only keep for up to one week.

Comments