Chinese Barbequed Pork



Katie Lippert is the winner of Monday's contest.  
Congratulations, Katie and thank you for sharing our post on Twitter and Facebook. Please leave your mailing information on our blog under the "Contact Us" tab 
and we will send you a copy of our "Celebrations" cookbook.


I've been wanting to make Wor Won Ton Soup for quite some time.  
However first I needed to find a good Chinese BBQ pork recipe.
 I did some research on line, comparing different recipes and noting their ingredients.  
Then I went to work and mixed and tasted until I came up with the following recipe. 

I served The Chinese BBQ Pork to my husband for dinner one night,
 intending to use the leftovers for the Won Ton soup. 
 However..... 
my husband loved it so much that when he found the leftovers in the fridge the next day, he gleefully gobbled it up for his lunch...completely forgetting my plans for it
.
Well, it was very good and I will make it again. When I do I'll be putting a large note on the leftovers so I can eventually post the Wor Won Ton Soup recipe!



For the Marinade:
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons dry red wine
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1 shallot, finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
  •  grated fresh ginger to suit your taste (I freeze my ginger and grate it frozen)
  • 2-3 drops red food colouring (if desired)
1 large pork Tenderloin (approximately 1 lb.)

  1. Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
  2. Place pork tenderloin in a zippered plastic bagand pour marinade over pork.
  3. Seal bag, squeezing out as much air as you can before zipping it shut.
  4. Marinate for 3-5 hours.
  5. Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade.
  6. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and brush with marinade.
  7. Roast in a 425º F oven for 30 minutes, brushing every so often with more marinade.
  8. Roast until meat thermometer measures 160º F.
  9. Let rest while you bring the remaining marinade to a boil.  Simmer for 3-5 minutes, thickening with cornstarch and cold water if desired.
  10. Slice tenderloin into thin slices and serve with sauce.

Steamed or fried noodles and stir fried vegetables complete the meal.
Save the leftovers for Wor Won Ton Soup or a yummy lunch! 

I apologize for the less than perfect photos.
We are nearing the end of our Kitchen renovations and I am still cooking in my camper.



Comments