Coconut Oil Oatmeal Cookies


I'm always interested in trying new-to-me ingredients and so when someone mentioned  the health benefits of coconut oil I did a bit of research on how it could be used in ratio's to regular fat and found it can be replaced 1:1 in many recipes. 
Coconut oil can be used solid at room temperature or melted but in this recipe I used it solid at room temperature as I would softened butter.  I used one of my favorite crunchy oatmeal cookie recipes and now we are enjoying these crispy cookies with our afternoon coffee.
Look for coconut oil in the healthy food section of your grocery store.

  • 1 cup room temperature solid coconut oil
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 cups all-bran cereal
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 cup raisins
  1. Cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar until well blended.
  2. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed and stir well.
  4. Use a spring loaded ice-cream scoop to drop onto a parchment paper lined or greased cookie sheet.
  5. Bake at 350 about 10 - 12 minutes or until light brown around the edges.  These cookies are crispy and crunchy.  Store in the freezer.

Comments