Saturday in Ellen's Kitchen

Here are two gadgets that I've enjoyed using in my Kitchen in the past year. Many of you are probably using these already but maybe some of you will benefit from my tips in using these gadgets...


I've been in the habit of using this type of scoop (which comes in different sizes) to dip into cookie dough and release onto the cookie sheet. Your cookies will be uniform and will bake evenly.


I've had this next tool in my kitchen drawer for a long time but really haven't put it to use until we were planning our new cookbook.

I used it to score the English cucumber for our cucumber sandwiches. I like the visual effect that it has and the added interest it gives to the cucumber bite!


Saturday in my kitchen is never the same one week from the next. I know a lot of you grew up with some great discipline on your Saturdays with clean up and getting ready for Sunday. My house wasn't that organized or disciplined growing up and so I didn't initiate any strong Saturday schedules with my family either. Our kids also played a lot of organized sports growing up and Saturdays sometimes meant rushing from one field to the next catching all the soccer, baseball, or basketball games.
We still made being in Sunday services a priority every week no matter what was happening on Saturday.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Comments