Nutella Espresso Caramel Chocolate Brownies


Helloooo? Is anybody there? It's me! 

Yeah.  It's been a while huh? 

I decided that I needed to take a bit of a break from blogging.  Time to just sit back and relax.  To clear my head.  To focus on other things.  

I actually took a bit of a back seat from all things social; which is totally weird because I'm obsessed with social media and just generally being online!  

During my "downtime" I decided to finally take the plunge and start learning Wordpress.  Because let's face it - I haven't really changed the design of Made With Pink since I started it a few years ago.  I've been wanting to move my blog over to Wordpress for nearly three years, so I  finally decided to bite the bullet and figure out what I need to do to make the switch.  I'm hoping to have it done within the next few months.  Fingers crossed I don't break my blog in the process! *If anyone has any pointers let me know!!*



During the last few months I really haven't baked that much either.  I won't bore you with the details, but I had to pack up a lot of my baking equipment for a few months.  But as usual, I continued to bake on the weekends so my husband and I would have something for dessert on Saturday nights.  About two months ago I decided it was time to develop a new brownie recipe.  I wanted something super gooey and chocolatey.  Something so good that it would take all your willpower not to devour the entire pan.  

Success!  

I swear to you that these brownies are the best you'll ever eat.  They're rich and fudgey, with just a hint of espresso. In fact, these were so good I made them 6 weeks in a row.  Seriously.  I'm not joking!  I love this brownie recipe because it's super quick and easy.  No need to wait for butter to soften like you would for a cake, plus you'll only need to use one bowl.  I also made sure that this recipe  made 4 good sized brownies.  As much as I'd love to have a tray full of brownies last me the entire week, it's really not good for anyone to be eating them everyday.  So this recipe would be perfect for a family of 4, or two hungry adults who want to indulge 2 days in a row!

If you are one of those people who does want an entire tray of brownies lingering in your kitchen to satisfy your cravings for the week, it is pretty easy to double this recipe.

After baking these brownies a few times I decided to drizzle some leftover salted caramel sauce on them that I found in the fridge.  A mighty good addition if I do say so myself, but not crucial to the success of the recipe.  



Nutella Espresso Caramel Chocolate Brownies
Serves 4

Ingredients:

50g Butter
60g Dark Chocolate
30g Nutella
15g Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Espresso Powder
50g Brown Sugar
35g Castor Sugar
10g Corn Syrup or Golden Syrup
1 Large Egg
35g Flour (Plain / All Purpose)
Pinch of Salt
2 Tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce (optional)

Instructions:

1.  Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.  Line a 13cm x 18cm rectangular dish (or a 14cm x 14cm square dish) with aluminum foil and coat with non stick cooking spray. 

2. In a double boiler combine the butter, dark chocolate, Nutella, cocoa powder and espresso into a medium sized heat proof bowl (metal or glass) and heat until melted and combined. 

3.  Remove the melted chocolate and butter mixture from the heat, and stir in both sugars and the corn syrup until combined.  Add in the egg and stir quickly until the mixture becomes smooth and glossy and starts to pull away from the bowl.

4.  Gently stir in the flour and salt until smooth and combined, making sure not to over stir (no more than 40 stirs).

5.  Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula.  If you've got some salted caramel that you'd like to use, now's the time swirl it across the top of the batter.  Bake for 22-26 minutes depending on how gooey you like your brownies.  Make sure not to over bake.   They should be soft in the centre with a few slight cracks around the edges. I like my brownies really gooey so I only bake them for 22 minutes.  

Let cool slightly and then serve while still warm in order to maintain their gooeyness, or you cal let them cool completely to make them easier to cut and handle.  Either way, their delicious!  

Enjoy!  

Comments