Cheesecake for Crowd


Thanksgiving is in just a few days.  I can't wait!  As much as I love the holiday and the food and getting together with family and friends, I don't mind having a shortcut here or there to help the day be more enjoyable and less stressful.  What about you?  Are you hosting a crowd?  Don't like pie?  Want to make something ahead of time?  Let me help you with all three--how about this year try one of my family's favorite treats-Cheesecake for a Crowd! 

Ingredients:
For the Cake/"Crust"
4 cups Honeyville Yellow/White Cake Mix
1/2 cup Honeyville Powdered Whole Eggs
2 cups Water

For the Filling:
2 cups Honeyville Insta-Whip
2 (8 oz) Cream Cheese Bars, softened
2 cups Ice Water

Options for the Topping:
Favorite Honeyville Freeze Dried Fruits
Chocolate or Caramel Suace
Canned Pie Topping

Directions:
Begin by making the cake/"crust" by mixing all the cake ingredients (cake mix, powdered whole eggs, water) using an electric hand mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes.


Pour batter into a greased jelly roll (I call them cookie sheets too).  Spread batter evenly in pan.


Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes.  Let cake cool completely.


Once cooled, begin making the cream cheese filling.  In a large bowl take softened cream cheese and blend until smooth.


In a separate bowl whip together the Insta-Whip powder and ice water.  Beat on high for 3 to 5 minutes until peaks form.


Carefully add the whipped topping to the cream cheese and blend until smooth and fully incorporated.


Spread filling over the cooled cake.  Afterwards, lick the spoon if so inclined-it is creamy and dreamy!  But don't get caught!  Refrigerate the cake for 2 hours.  When ready to serve cut into serving squares and top with desired topping(s).


I really like raspberries, so naturally I rehydrated some Honeyville Freeze Dried Raspberries and had them on top.


Another slice I thought why not try some chocolate and caramel sauce.


And wouldn't you know that I had a can of Cherry Pie Filling in my pantry and served that on another slice. 


And to be clear, I was sharing this plate and just tried a bite or two of each topping option!  Isn't that the rule on Thanksgiving you have a bite or two of everything before settling down on your favorite?  Honestly I think the Freeze Dried Raspberries were my favorite--I liked the sweetness of the cake and filling with the natural tartness of the raspberries.  Super delicious!  This one simple recipe, makes enough to feed a crowd and I know my family crowd was sure happy to see it after dinner the other night.

What dish are you most excited to see this year?

Happy Eating!



Comments