Strawberry Popcorn Recipe


Last Fall I splurged on a gift for myself--a subscription to the Food Network Magazine.  I love looking at food, eating food, reading about food, and planning parties to make fun food.  Recently the magazine had over 50 recipes for different varieties of popcorn!  I kid you not, the first one that caught my eye was one that called for Freeze Dried Strawberries.  I knew I had to try it and bonus with Valentines Day coming up this is the perfect little themed snack for you non-chocolate-lovers!

Recipe from Food Network Magazine January/February 2014
Ingredients:
1 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Strawberries, divided
1/3 cup Honeyville Popcorn (makes about 8 cups popped)
3 Tbs Powdered Sugar
2 Tbs Butter, melted
oil as needed to pop the popcorn

Directions:
In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup of the freeze dried strawberries and powdered sugar together until it is powdery.


Pop the popcorn using your favorite cooking method.  (I used a Whirley Pop available at the retail stores).  Transfer 8 cups of the popped corn into a bowl.  Drizzle the melted butter over the warm popcorn.


Sprinkle the strawberry-sugar powder over top.


Add the remaining 1/2 cup of strawberries and toss the popcorn to evenly coat everything.


Now all that is left is for someone to start the movie and enjoy this yummy popcorn!  Its a super easy snack to make and delicious one to eat!  No guilty feelings for taking seconds...or thirds!

Happy Eating!

Comments