Homemade Ketchup Recipe



What's your favorite afternoon snack? In my house, we're pretty big fans of the French Fry. But if you're anything like me, you know that it's less about the fry and more about the sauce you're dipping it in.

Growing up in Utah, my preference for dipping has always been fry sauce. I'll be straight with you, ketchup just wasn't enough for me. My taste buds always needed something a little tangier to go with the salty, delicious tastes of fries. That all changed the instant I tried this recipe! The biggest revelation to my snacking life was the sweet secret that is Homemade Ketchup! And let me tell you, that secret is nothing without the super easy, multi-functional Honeyville Tomato Powder. To those within the shout of my cyber-voice, I tell you to drop whatever dipping sauce you are currently dunking your fries, tots, nuggets, or strips in. It's time to join the revolution! It's time to try Homemade Ketchup!

Ingredients:
1 cup  Tomato Powder + 8 Tbsp Water
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
1 cup White Vinegar
1 cup Water
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

Directions:
First, you need to re-hydrate your tomato powder.


To do this, add tomato powder and 8 Tbsps water to a medium mixing bowl and mix until a thick paste begins to form.


Add paste and the remaining ingredients to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking until ingredients are smooth. Once ingredients begin to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and stir for an additional 20 minutes.

Cover and remove from heat until cool.


Makes 1 full bottle of Ketchup.


This is how ketchup should always taste! There is a rich tomato flavor, combined with a tangy taste, thanks to the vinegar. The addition of garlic and onion powder give you the right amount of spice without overpowering the whole dip. Combined with your favorite french fries, this ketchup will blow your mind and your taste buds at the same time!


It's time to take back snack time. It's time to get a new "favorite" dipping sauce!

Comments