Paleo Blueberry Mini Scones


It is undeniable that having low-carb snacks available is an ideal way to enjoy a treat and feel good during and after. These paleo blueberry mini scones are so easy to make and I encourage anyone to make extra and keep them in the freezer. They are delicious at room temperature, heated up or taken to work where you’re sure to make those co-workers jealous. I try my darnedest to adhere to a diet of lower carbs. I am not a carb counter, but I have a general idea of my carb intake and I strive to eat a good quantity of mostly veggies, and then fats and proteins. One feels better and less highs and lows when you minimize those carbs.

You may already know me but in case not, I am Tina Turbin the creator of the website, PaleOmazing. I love creating delicious grain-free and always gluten-free recipes that empower the body and do not have a load of unnecessary unhealthy carbohydrates. I am a diagnosed celiac with two of my three kids also diagnosed with CD and all my recipes are geared towards better nutrition. I have been working in this arena professionally for well over 10 years now and love to share my recipes on my site where there are hundreds more. 


By the way, I use fresh or frozen berries in all of my berry recipes and the way I use them in this recipe is detailed below. My below method preserves them a bit and adds a tad of flavor burst. This particular recipe was my adaptation from PaleoGrubs which is one of my favorite sites.

Do let me know how you enjoy this recipe – I would love to hear your feedback!


Ingredients

  • 1 ¼ cups almond flour plus 2 teaspoons almond flour
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • ⅓ cup almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup plus 2 teaspoons maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup frozen blueberries
OPTIONAL TOPPING: 2 tablespoons maple sugar or date sugar

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the 1 ¼ cups of almond flour, and all of your coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
  5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined. If the mixture is dry, add a few more drops of almond milk.
  6. Coat the blueberries with the 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and the 2 teaspoons of almond flour.
  7. Gently fold in the blueberries.
  8. Form the dough into small uneven balls and place them onto the baking sheet.
  9. OPTIONAL: Sprinkle with maple or date sugar.
  10. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!

Comments