Flash Back Friday ~ Self-Crust Coconut Pie..the easy way



For Flashback Friday I'm sharing this delicious coconut pie. If you don't have enough time to bake the usual coconut pie, this is the easy route to go. The filling is like a custard, add a bit of whipped cream and toasted coconut sprinkled on top and you will have a wonderful dessert to serve!

  • 4 eggs
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2 cups milk..I used skim and it turned out fine
  • 1 1/2 cups coconut..flaked is my favorite but shredded is fine.
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  1. Combine the ingredients in order given, whisking to combine thoroughly.
  2. Pour into a greased 10" pie pan, I used my glass pie pan.
  3. Bake at 350ยบ for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. The center will still be a bit jiggly.
  4. Cool completely on a cooling rack. I couldn't wait and tasted it while still warm..so good.
  5. I served the pie with whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted coconut. 
  6. Serves: 8-10

Comments